12.14.2012

H A W A I I

We finally made it back home in October, and by finally I'm talking 
17 years for my hubby and 10 years for me.  
It was such an invigorating trip that has set in motion some pretty big changes. 
I decided to forgo the sandy camera gear and left all my professional equipment at home. 
Instead, I brought only a pentax k1000 film camera, some Ektar 100, 
a few underwater disposable cameras and my iphone. 
 We stayed in Kailua, in a little blue cottage with an outdoor shower. 
We ate too much Korean bbq and pork hash that 
by week two we were craving a hamburger or some spaghetti. 
We swam everyday until dark, and then let the kids hunt for glowing plankton 
that would wash up on shore in the moonlight.
 We drove from Kailua to the North Shore at least every other day. 
 I turned internet friends into real life friends and one of them even 
graced us with a mini family photoshoot!
 My hair was a mess... lavender hair does not take kindly to daily sea water. 
 It was literally the color of the sun, so bright and yellow in fact, 
that not once, but twice, I brought a bee home with me. 
I mean, those things came crawling out of my yellow hair like it was a sunflower or something.
 Sorry to those who I met for the first time for my offensively bright hair! hehe. 

Anyways I hope you enjoy a few of my snapshots from our trip.
P.S. I was there, even though I'm not in any of the pictures ;)
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Our little blue cottage
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Visiting Grandpa and seeing the work he did on the Laie Temple
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
We conquered the Stairway to Heaven/Haiku stairs! Up in the clouds. 
(Iphone pix, see more at www.instagram.com/kayleent)
Photobucket

7 comments:

MELISSALIA said...

beautiful family!!!!! wish i could of seen your sunkissed hair!! hahah =)

Anonymous said...

Kayleen, I wish I knew you were here! Next time you come I wanna book a session w/ you! Love all these shots btw :)

sweetevis said...

love it all! wonderful memories you got capture :)

Jordan said...

so beautiful! looks like you had a great time! cant help but love those cute baby bums :)

Margaret Lee said...

Beautiful images Kayleen! And even more beautiful family :) Congrats on your move back home! I can't wait to see all the beautiful images you create in Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had
to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Look into my homepage: Bizarre
my site > central car insurance

Anonymous said...

Excellent website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of
any user discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed
in this article? I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get suggestions from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Bless you!

My web-site dabagirls.com

Post a Comment

Hi Friend!
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! It always makes my day!